Succeeding By Stages
Review of Succeeding By Stages
This volume is about the stage planning these maps out a detailed course of action for each stage. Each stage in a project is like a miniature planning, this means that in each stage there is planning, design, construction, testing, and preparation for release. Software developers noticed that each stage is like a small project, that means that if you finish a stage (small project) is less risky to fail than a big project, but hey, at the end is finally the big project you’re making so yeah, mind-blowing.
Now I’m going to explain the stage planning activities, so yeah, as I told you in past blogs, planning is the key of success it makes everything easier, so let’s start…
· Requirements updates, this are the same you specified during prototyping and requirements development the difference here is that you evaluate possible changes to requirements.
· Detailed design supports the software construction that will be done during the stage.
· Construction is when the developers code the software to be delivered during the stage.
· Test case creation is when testers create the full set of test cases needed to test the functionality developed during the stage this can be done while construction is being develop.
· User documentation updates is the User Manual/Requirements Specification that updates to describe the as built software.
· Technical reviews are when developers participate in design and code reviews.
· Defect corrections are when developers correct the defects uncovered by testing and reviews.
· Technical coordination is when managers of large projects coordinate the activities of different groups of developers.
· Risk management is when the project manager review the project's current Top 10 Risks List.
· Project tracking is the tracking of completed activities this is the major management task during all stages.
· Integration and release is when developers integrate the code for that release.
· End-of-stage wrap-up is as simple as the title says.
In conclusion is just the plan that will lead each stage so as I always say, planning everything is the key to success and time saving, and many things you can avoid, so please take the time to plan so you won’t take more time during development.